# Recipe from Nigella.com
Yes! I baked 2 items today. While waiting for the potato starch to reach home. I decided to give this recipe a try. My verdict, I omitted the frosting, thus not sweet at all. The chiffon rise nicely and fluffy. But I find it abit too dry. I still prefer my old recipe which I learnt from Sugar Inc.
2 cups Flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 pinch of salt
1 ¼ cups sugar
½ cup cooking oil
5 large egg(s)
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup water
½ teaspoon cream of tartar
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Sift flour, cocoa, sugar, bicarb, baking powder, salt and 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar together.
- Separate eggs and mix together, egg yokes, water, vanilla and oil, beat this with a fork and add to dry ingredients, mix well and set aside.
- Beat egg whites until white and frothy and then add ½ teaspoon cream of tartar. Beat until white and peaky.
- Pour the batter mixture into the middle of the egg white mixture and gently fold two together. Do not beat!! (it should look like chocolate mousse)
- Place in oven for 1 hour at 160*
- Cool in pan upside down (hang the cake), when cool then turn out to ice. (do not grease pans!!)
- Icing: Mix 1 pkt icing sugar, 125 grams butter, 2 tablespoons cocoa (heaped), milk/cream cheese (to make a nice soft icing)