# Recipe from a book I saw from Expo – Popular Sale. But I’ve forgotten the title. This is suppose to be a Cherry Muffins but I only have strawberries. Favourite!
I was feeling bored and decided to bake around 9pm. Making myself perspire like nobody biz.
I tried to decorate with frosting but failed. My frosting too watery. End up, got to use strawberry to hide the imperfection. keke…. Lousy me….
I like the taste of the muffins. Not too buttery and just right sweetness. And this round, no overflowing at all. Phew~ So going to bake this again.
75g caster sugar
2 eggs beaten
75g self raising flour
1/2 tsp Almond extract (* I used Vanilla Essence)
110g candied (glace) cherry, chopped (* I used strawberries but I did not candied them)
75g icing sugar
2 tsp hot water
1. Beat butter & sugar till light & fluffy.
2. Gradually add the eggs alittle at a time and blend well.
3. Sift in flour & gently fold into the mixture with almond extract & cherries.
4. Spoon into the paper cup & bake for 12 – 15 minutes or till golden.
5. Preheat over @ 180 degree.
Sift icing sugar into a bowl & stir in enough hot water to make a thick frosting. You may search the web for better methods though.